MJM Recruit is proud to partner with an Australian, family-owned company involved in the design, manufacture, servicing, repair and installation of lifting and materials handling equipment, with offices in NSW and Victoria.
Due to business growth, we are seeking an experienced and mechanically minded Trades Assistant to work alongside our electrical and mechanical Crane Service Technicians, whilst acting as a spotter for regular routine maintenance, after service repairs and new industrial crane installs for our clients’ lifting and materials handling equipment. With the office based in Wetherill Park and working primarily at customer sites (including regional locations), this is an outstanding opportunity for a career minded experienced Trades Assistant looking for a full time and secure role, leading to further opportunities for career progression.
What do you do?
- Act as a spotter and work alongside electrical and mechanical Service Technicians who are providing regular routine maintenance and after service mechanical repairs for our clients’ lifting and materials handling equipment.
- Assist with undertaking installation or relocation of lifting equipment at customers’ workplaces.
- Carry out safety risk assessments and complete JSA, SWMS and Take 5 documentation.
- Train as a Crane Service Technician to be able to undertake chain hoist servicing and lifting gear inspections.
- Once trained, prepare clear and comprehensive service reports documenting the service work undertaken, highlighting any additional repairs required.
What do you need?
- 2+ years’ industrial maintenance/Trades Assistant experience
- Licensed dogman or rigger
- Forklift licence
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Comfortable working at heights
- Current drivers’ licence (manual)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Safety focused!
- Australian Citizen
Preferred but not essential.
- Current High Risk Work Licence (WP)
- Working at Heights certificate
What’s in it for you?
- Full time & permanent role – Monday to Friday 7.00am –3.30pm (regular overtime available)
- Career opportunities with a growing Australian company
- Base Salary $70,148 plus super, plus overtime, plus paid travel time
- Fully maintained Mazda BT-50 ute, plus mobile, uniform, 4 Weekly RDO
- On-going training and support
*A police check and medical (including drug and alcohol test) will be required for the role.
If this sounds like you, please don’t delay and apply now! We are interviewing and looking to hire immediately. For more information and a confidential discussion, call Carl on 0427 978 433